Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Convinced Someone I Was A 21 Year Old Dentist From Dallas

Salvete,

When you are the Anime Club sponsor, you hear things like the title above.

You also get a headache.

Today has been and will continue to be one of those days that makes me tired. Here is my day.

7:38AM: OH CRAP THERE IS A FACULTY MEETING THIS MORNING? There goes my morning planning time. Thanks for sending the reminder email at 6:40 last night.

8:17AM: I have to teach Julius Caesar today. Let's skip like 200 lines to keep myself sane!

8:18AM: First period, why are you asleep?

10AM: Second period, why can't you go to sleep and leave me alone?

11:12AM: Oh my gosh, it is 11:12 am and I still have 9 hours to go.

11:19AM: Advisory class, why are you so cute? Also, why do I have to teach you how to take an asinine test that you all are going to pass just fine? I say to them, "Let's have a good attitude and make the most of this time!" This is my face ----> :D This is my heart ----> D:

11:39AM: Oh my gosh it is 11:39 am and I still have 8.5 hours to go.

11:50AM Third period, why are you so chatty today? I proceed to yell at third period in a loving way. They proceed to shape up.

12:13PM: OMG IT IS LUNCH AND THERE IS FREE CAKE.

12:45PM: I still have to teach 3rd period Julius Caesar for another hour. Of all his plays, why are Sophomores forced to read this one? Also, why am I forced to teach Shakespeare and to pretend to like it?

1:58PM: It's time for duty! "WALK AND TALK" with a smile. It works every time to get those hoodlums moving in the hallway.

2:07PM: I approach my room and see one of my former students standing in the hall. He got sent out of his class (which happens to be across the hall from mine). Here's our conversation:
Me: Why are you not in class?
Him: I got sent out. <3 ^^ :) :) :)
Me: Are you giving Mrs. --- trouble?
Him: NO OF COURSE NOT! <3 ^^ :) :) :) (At this point, Mrs. --- leans out her door)
Me: Let me guess. Talking, not in your seat, bugging other students?
Him: *silence* O.o
Mrs. ---: He also decided to use profanity.
I give the student THE HAND and THE HEAD SHAKE and walk away listening to his apologetic protests. I hope Mrs. --- dealt with him appropriately.
*Edit: I was looking over old blog posts, and this is the same child mentioned in the Testes post.*

2:09PM: OMG LESS THAN 1.5 HOURS UNTIL ANIME CLUB WTFLOLSAVEME.

2:30PM: Hey, maybe I can get out of the MEETING THAT I HAVE FROM 6:30-8 tonight. I will go upstairs and see if I can weasel/lie/deceive my way out of having to attend.

2:33PM: I have failed, and now I must attend the meeting. I am a pathetic weasel.

3PM: I will sit in my room and prepare myself mentally for Anime Club. It really is that taxing.

BREAKING NEWS I JUST SAW THE WEIRDEST KID IN ANIME CLUB TOTALLY BLOW OFF THE THIRD WEIRDEST KID IN ANIME CLUB! (The second weirdest kid isn't here today.) WHAT DOES IT MEAN??

3:30PM: The bell rings...and they open the door immediately. Impossible. But true. In they come, with their stench and noise.

3:31PM: OMG ANIME CLUB AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

5:37PM: Here I sit. It is 5:37 PM. Two and a half hours to go. The Anime Club kids are still here. 23 minutes until they leave.

5:43PM: OMG I HAVE ANOTHER MEETING TO ATTEND FROM 6:30 to 8.

Another meeting. Another meeting. Save me...

Valete...
Magistra...

No comments: