Thursday, May 21, 2009

The farting continues.

Salvete,

I was wrong about the farting thing being over. See the last post if you don't know what I'm talking about.

I think I've said before that one of the things I didn't expect was the sheer volume of paperwork involved in teaching. Since it is the end of the year, and everyone is tired and overwhelmed by extra work as it is, corporate has decided to increase the amounts of paperwork we teachers have to do tenfold. Fill out this report about electronics, take this two-minute survey, count the different demographics groups and the percentages of them that passed their sixth six weeks SFA, keep lists of who is exempting, keep lists of TAKS failures, keep lists of attendance because we won't have the attendance data for you until next Tuesday, finish filling out that half-sheet of paper we gave you 18 weeks ago (oh wait, you lost it? minus ten...), have your students do this survey and have it turned in yesterday, find and fill out the lavender colored LEP sheets, and it goes on and on. I am serious. I could come up with twice that list I just made of things they have asked us to do. Plus, we have to clean out our classrooms, write finals, grade everything, and still be out in the hallways during passing period. It is no wonder I stayed at work until six o'clock last night.

That's all for now. I have too much to do to be blogging.

Valete,
Magistra

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to here to have something to do!